Has it only been 3 weeks? It seems like longer. Maybe it’s due to all these cold showers I have been taking. Can I just say, NOT SO FUN. And yet strangely invigorating? It’s kind of weird.
Right now I’m babysitting Ana and her BFF, which has been going great except that they keep trying to lock themselves in rooms. Ana figures out how to turn the lock on the knobs, and her friend is tall enough to actually open the doors. Deadly combination.
Currently they are making “lunch” by themselves in the play kitchen. There are no lockable doors nearby. (And there was much rejoicing.)
So my list update. It doesn’t look like I did anything but I for real did. Next week I’m going to tackle dinner made from spam. YOU GUYS. I found so many more than 30 recipes and I will post links to some of the most creative/disturbing ones.
People actually eat Spam. I’m not sure how I feel about knowing this.
Whatever. Here is the update.
1. Lose 30 lbs
2. Enter and walk in 30 miles of races, the Mini being one of them
3. 30 mile solo bike ride in one day
4. Fast 30 days
5. Try 30 new recipes
6 out of 30 done!
6. Read 30 new books
1 out of 30
7. Eat 30 Caviar eggs
8. Join a community choir for 30 days and participate in a performance series.
9. Participate in the spelling bee at Old Threshers, stay in 30 minutes
10. Log 30 new birds
6 out of 30!
11. Test drive a $30,000 car (fiat?)
12. Take cold showers every morning for 30 days
7 out of 30 done. WOW. SO COLD.
13. Take no more than 30 minutes to face my fear of touching the deep end in a pool.
14. Donate plasma/blood 30 times if it goes well
15. Find 30 recipes using spam as the main dish. Choose one. And eat it.
16. Give up Pepsi for 30 days
17. Go to the top of a high observation tower. Stay up there 30 minutes.
5 minutes out of 30 completed. (I couldn’t hack all 30 at once.)
18. Go on a 30 hr hike/backpack trip with Joey
19. Send 30 handwritten notes in mthe mail
7 out of 30
20. Take a 30 minute walk or bike ride EVERY DAY
21 out of 365 completed!
21. Watch 30 documentaries on varying topics
22. Make 30 tamales
23. Have 30 people over for dinner at once
24. Watch the Friends episode “The One Where They All Turn 30″
25. Give up all sweets for 30 days
26. Go on a 30 hour silence retreat
27. Memorize 30 verses
28. Explore 30 new places in Indianapolis/Indiana
1 out of 30
29. Watch 30 classic movies
30. Go veggie for 30 days!