I’m sick. I haven’t been this sick in, like, my entire life. I won’t even tell you how sick I am because it would make you never want to come back here and read this blog again. For reals. It’s that bad.
Since I’ve been so sick, I’ve been busy.
I watched these classic films:
- Anastasia (fun and light)
- Anna Karenina (loved it)
- The Red Balloon (charming!)
- The Other Side of the Mountain (lame)
- Move Over Darling (cute!)
- The Agony and the Ecstasy (surprisingly good despite being LONG)
- The Seven Dials Mystery (SO BORING. MY GOSH.)
I read these books:
- Bittersweet, by Shauna Niequest (very good! And I requested the other book she has written.)
- The Book of Mormon Girl, by Joanna Brooks (I read this in literally one day. It’s fine…slightly melodramatic.)
- There Are No Children Here, by Alex Kotlowitz (AMAZING. Devastating. Heartbreaking. A must-read.)
Otherwise, here are the numbers. Such as they are.
1. Lose 30 lbs
3 down. (I’m not weighing myself this month because I’m doing My Fitness Pal and counting calories like a boss.)
2. Enter and walk or bike in 30 miles of races, the Mini being one of them
10 miles down. 20 to go.
3. Go to the gym every day for 30 days (with the exception of Wednesdays, because on Wednesdays it is totally impossible for me.)
13 out of 30
4. Fast 30 days
8 out of 30 done!
5. Try 30 new recipes
6. Read 30 new books
20 out of 30
7. Eat 30 Caviar eggs
8. Find 30 geocaches with Joey
16 out of 30 found
9. Participate in the spelling bee at Old Threshers, stay in 30 minutes
10. Log 30 new birds
28 out of 30!
11. Test drive a $30,000 car (fiat?)
12. Take cold showers every morning for 30 days
13. Take no more than 30 minutes to face my fear of touching the deep end in a pool.
14. Try 30 new foods that stretch my taste palate.
24 out of 30
15. Find 30 recipes using spam as the main dish. Choose one. And eat it.
16. Give up Pepsi for 30 days
17. Go to the top of a high observation tower. Stay up there 30 minutes
18. Go on a 30 hr hike/backpack trip with Joey
19. Send 30 handwritten notes in the mail
20. Log 30 SEQUENTIAL days of food journaling on My Fitness Pal
26 out of 30
21. Watch 30 documentaries on varying topics
22. Make 30 tamales
23. Have 30 people over for dinner at once
24. Watch the Friends episode “The One Where They All Turn 30″
25. Give up all sweets for 30 days
26. Go on a 30 hour silence retreat
27. Memorize 30 verses
5 out of 30
28. Explore 30 new places in Indianapolis/Indiana
23 out of 30
29. Watch 30 classic movies
24 out of 30
30. Go veggie for 30 days!