I can’t get enough of this weather! I seriously cannot. I have to fold laundry, which I normally really enjoy doing because it means I get to watch an episode of a show on Netflix, but today I just want to GO OUTSIDE!! And everybody knows you cannot fold outside or you’ll get leaves and sticks all over your clean clothes. Such a letdown.
I was a bookworm these last two weeks. I read:
- Intern: A Doctor’s Initiation by Sandeep Jauhar. A really interesting book! AND SUPER DISGUSTING AT TIMES.
- Paris: A Love Story by Kati Marton. I wanted to poke my eye out about 196 times while reading this. (One eye poke per page.) I thought this would be a nice little story about Kati falling in love with her husband (Richard Holbrooke, perhaps you’ve heard of him), and yet it was not. It was narcissistic, bitter and unkind in places, and an overall depressing read.
- Call The Midwife by Jennifer Worth. This was such a fascinating book that I requested another book of hers from the library and am looking forward to getting it. Have you seen the BBC series on PBS? It’s based on this memoir, and both are amazing. I’m re-watching the series now that I’m all freshly jazzed from reading the book.
1. Lose 30 lbs
2. Enter and walk or bike in 30 miles of races, the Mini being one of them
10 miles down. 20 to go.
3. Go to the gym every day for 30 days (with the exception of Wednesdays, because on Wednesdays it is totally impossible for me.)
4. Fast 30 days
8 out of 30 done!
5. Try 30 new recipes
6. Read 30 new books
28 out of 30
7. Eat 30 Caviar eggs
8. Find 30 geocaches with Joey
24 out of 30 found
9. Participate in the spelling bee at Old Threshers, stay in 30 minutes
10. Log 30 new birds
11. Test drive a $30,000 car (fiat?)
12. Take cold showers every morning for 30 days
13. Take no more than 30 minutes to face my fear of touching the deep end in a pool.
14. Try 30 new foods that stretch my taste palate. 15. Find 30 recipes using spam as the main dish. Choose one. And eat it. 16. Give up Pepsi for 30 days
17. Go to the top of a high observation tower. Stay up there 30 minutes
18. Go on a 30 hr hike/backpack trip with Joey
19. Send 30 handwritten notes in the mail 20. Log 30 SEQUENTIAL days of food journaling on My Fitness Pal
21. Watch 30 documentaries on varying topics
22. Make 30 tamales
23. Have 30 people over for dinner at once
24. Watch the Friends episode “The One Where They All Turn 30″
25. Give up all sweets for 30 days
26. Go on a 30 hour silence retreat
27. Memorize 30 verses
5 out of 30
28. Explore 30 new places in Indianapolis/Indiana
25 out of 30
29. Watch 30 classic movies
30. Go veggie for 30 days!